Monday, August 17, 2009

My host parents are back !

Today Stefan and Angelika returned from their extra, impromptu, holiday to Switzerland that they pulled together as a road trip at the last minute. When they came back home, they pulled out the nice stuff they bought and Angelika modeled a great new dress and coat that she purchased; and I have to get a picture of the jacket, since it is another thing that only Angelika could pull off. I love her for that.


Later in the afternoon, I went for a run with Stefan which was really nice, and in the evening we all went out together for dinner to an Italian restaraunt.


[ not that it really relates to this post, but later in the day, while driving out to dinner, Stefan stopped really quick to pick something up from his work. He is a lawyer, but I was so impressed by the name plated sign in front of his building! ]



I wish I had pictures of this meal, since it was one of the best I have ever had in my life. Delicious appetizers of cured meets with melon, salads with mozzarella, and sauteed octopus. Stefan introduced me to some wine pairings, and regardless of the fact that I know absolutely nothing about wine, I know I sampled some very good selections, because I know that he has very refined tastes. The meal consisted of lamb and veal, and we finished off with some tiramisu amoungst other desserts on a large platter. It was such a nice meal, and I think it lasted over 3 hours. The conversation was great, everyone became pretty bubbly fast, and it was so nice to hear about Stefan and Angelika's trip. Their German is rapid, and I try my best to listen, and I think that I am picking up more and more German everyday. Every chance I get, I am trying to add my imput auf Deutsch as well. The meal was delicious, and it is great to have everyone back together again! The Weber's truly value their time together as a family and the meal was extraordinary. I am so thankful to be a part of their family and to be integrated so completely. There were definitely many Vielen Dank's and hugs for everyone tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment