Saturday, July 25, 2009

Einführung

[ introduction ]

My name is Christopher Crachiola, 19 years old. I am from Michigan, and just completed my first undergrad year at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. This year, I have been granted the prestigious opportunity to be part of the 26th Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange [CBYX] program. This is a full year exchange for young professionals to get a full immersion into German family life, school life, and business life. Through this generous scholarship paid for by national governments, I will receive a thorough intensive language training for two months, a full semester at a German university, and a 6 month internship in a field that will help promote my current studies. I will partake in all of this while experiencing life with a host family and having a real role in German life and society.

Throughout this year I am going to use this blog to keep in touch with everyone and post a little bit of everything that captures my curiosity, from student life and new friends, to traveling and history, to family and food, and maybe a few other bumps along the way. Many of my friends and family members have been asking me questions, or giving me great Europe pointers and advice, so I am hoping this will be a learning experience and tool for reflection for us all. [ for starters, I know that my blog address itself is a challenge with spelling. So bookmark the address to save later confusion, and pronounce it Doitch-land, not... doucheland... and we will all read along smoothly :) Believe me, I am learning everything VERY fast myself - {but I did know to say "doitchland" - at least I was that far ;) } ] Please feel free to leave me comments on this blog throughout the upcoming months. I will be very active learning new things, so Email and other forms of communication will be limited, so this will be a great way to keep in touch. If you are interested in checking out some of my adventures from past years that I am sure to refer to, please feel free to visit my blog on Japan: www.ccjapan.blogspot.com and of Finland: www.ccfinland.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment